Monday, May 12, 2008

Chess4life




Last week I had the privilege of spending a couple of hours with Elliott Neff, National Chess Master, at his place of business. He owns Chess4Life, a business that teaches life skills and principles by teaching chess. He has over 1200 students with whom he helps develop life skills by analyzing the game of chess. He recently hosted a tournament in the Seattle area with well over 1000 participants and over 7000 in attendance. I never knew that chess could be so popular, but most of all, had never analyzed the important life skills that can be taught through games. We are hoping to get him down to Ecuador to help our Awana leaders learn how to teach skills from Chess or other games.
I was so impressed with his organization that I am placing a link to them at the top right of my page. Check it out.